During puberty, when the boy reaches puberty, the size of the penis changes. This process is based on a special mechanism, which starts with the production of gonadoliberins in the hypothalamus.
At the age of 10-13, boys are already worried about the size of the penis, they are beginning to wonder what is normal, how many centimeters should be?
To answer all these questions, it is necessary to understand the peculiarities of the physical development of adolescents at the age of 10-13 years, to find out what are the dynamics of gender development.
Physiological features of the development of boys
The formation of the genital organ occurs in the 16th week of pregnancy of a woman, during this period it is already possible to determine the sex of the unborn child. Initially, the head of the penis is formed after the corpora cavernosa.
When a child is born, as a rule, its dimensions do not exceed 2. 5 cm. In the period of childhood, which lasts until the age of 10 years, the penis is slightly enlarged, only 4 cm.
At the age of 10-13 years, the pituitary gland develops in adolescents and the production of male hormones becomes more intense.
The primary signs of puberty appear, the penis begins to grow rapidly and change its shape, this growth occurs throughout the period of puberty.
Many 10-13 year old boys say that my penis size is 5-6 cm, is this a normal size, and how can I increase it? It should be noted right away that there is no need to grow in any way, the member will grow on its own. So what size is considered normal:
- 10-12 years comfortably 4-5 cm, with an erection the length is 10-12 cm, the thickness is 7 cm.
- 13 years in a calm state 5-6 cm, erection length 12-13 cm, thickness 9. 5 cm.
- 14 years comfortably 7-9 cm, erection length 13-15 cm, thickness 10 cm.
- 15 years comfortably 7-9 cm, erection length 13-15, thickness 10. 5 cm.
- 16 years comfortably 9-10 cm, with a build length 15-16 cm, thickness 11 cm.
- At 17-18 years of age 10-12 cm at rest, 16-17 cm with erection, 13 cm in thickness.
It is important to note right away that all indicators are averages, so they should be considered from a subjective point of view. It is impossible to say exactly how many centimeters a particular boy member should have, size is an individual characteristic.
If a 10-13 year old boy says that my penis is small, in fact it is not so, the growth process is rapid. And only at the age of 18 can any conclusions be drawn.
As a rule, puberty ends at the age of 18-19 years, in some cases the size can change to 22 years.
In some cases, the penis can be fixed at all, and at the age of 18-19 years it will shrink by about 5 mm, this is due to its increase in thickness.
What affects a teen's penis size?
The process of forming secondary sex characteristics of any boy is influenced by the level of male hormones, in particular testosterone.
The higher the level of this hormone during puberty, the larger the final size of the penis.
In this regard, it is very important to monitor the growth of the penis. If there is a growth retardation, the boy says that my penis is small, you should immediately contact a doctor who will prescribe hormonal agents that activate the growth of the penis.
In addition, the following factors affect the size of the penis:
- Genital trauma.
- endocrine disorders.
- If the teen started smoking early, drink alcohol.
If growth, eye color, etc. can be inherited, then the size of the penis can also be transmitted, in addition, the features of its growth and development.
When a teenager starts smoking early, it is safe to say that in ten years he will say that my penis is small and I want to enlarge it. How nicotine affects the child's body:
- If nicotine enters the body of a teenager at the time of puberty, it affects the elasticity of the vascular walls and arteries, therefore, blood circulation is impaired, including in the pelvic organs.
- During the formation of secondary sexual characteristics, such a factor of 100% will negatively affect the final size of the penis.
- In many situations, micropenis can be diagnosed - less than 4 cm.
Unfortunately, such a diagnosis is a serious problem, and in the future it will be possible to enlarge the penis only with the help of surgical intervention.
delayed puberty in boys
It often happens that a teenager shares his trouble with his father and says that I am already 14 years old, but my penis is not growing. Why this happens, and why puberty does not happen at this age?
It must be said right away that such developmental delay should not be immediately considered a deviation; It may be necessary to pay attention to the family, especially the father, and to ask when their first changes began.
If it is a particular family and heredity, then you do not need to worry. The normal growth rate of the penis usually starts at the age of 15. However, there are more serious reasons for the delay in sexual development:
- Diseases accompanied by a violation of the production of male hormones.
- Endocrine diseases.
- Pathological condition of the kidney.
For example, if a boy has a history of a neoplasm that has damaged the pituitary gland, or the hypothalamus (the part of the brain responsible for puberty).
In addition, in the boy's body, there may be a decrease in the amount of hormones that activate the intensive growth of the penis.
Based on all of the above, it is important to note that parents should pay more attention to their child when he says that my penis is not growing. Maybe these are not children's problems, but the boy's body actuallyThere are serious disorders.
Characteristics of boys at the age of 13-16
Everyone knows that many teens are drawn to sitting at their computer for several days, playing different games or simply browsing different sites. Unfortunately, Internet accessibility is not always good:
- The fact is that many boys compare the size of their penis with that of adults, and then say that my size is small, and look for ways to increase it.
- But this, in no case can be done, at this age it is impossible to enlarge the penis in any way, because during this period the genital organs grow and develop.
You can not only increase, but also completely bring yourself to a difficult diagnosis, stopping the growth of the penis, as a result of which even hormonal drugs will not help. And the doctor will make a serious diagnosis that only surgicallyThrough can be cured in adulthood.
Undoubtedly, boys aged 10-13 are already men of the future who are concerned about the size of their penis.
Therefore, if a son tells his father that my penis is not growing, it is not worth brushing the child, it often happens that the problem really exists and can cause serious complications in future sex life.